48' 1971 Hughes 48***SOLD***
Classic lines on this rare freshwater Sparkman and Stephens designed yacht hearken back to a bygone era when sailing ships were designed and built with sea kindly motion and graceful passage making in mind. She won’t sleep twelve in eight private cabins, but she will take you and a few guests anywhere you want to go, in almost any weather you want to go in. She has been constantly upgraded by her current owner (who also happens to be a member of the Order of Canada) including all new sails (Main, Furling Genoa, Spare 150% Genoa, Mizzen), new 55hp Volvo diesel and systems (transmission, prop shaft, exhaust, etc.), new upholstery, new wiring and more. She has plenty of cruising gear including 300′ of chain hooked to a 50lb plough anchor and retrieved by an electric windlass, with a stainless CQR as a spare. She has a unique factory built hard dodger and bimini with Eizenglass panels that snap on to make a full enclosure. Also includes 8′ inflatable dinghy with 5hp outboard.
Designer: SPARKMAN & STEPHENS
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 33 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Ballast: 15700 lbs
Average PHRF: 111
Capsize Screening formula: 1.52
Engine Brand: VOLVO DIESEL – NEW install
Engine Model: 55hp
Engine Hours: 240
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Total Power: 50
– Will sleep a total of seven in private forward and aft staterooms, each with their own head, two single salon berths, and a mid cabin single. All berths have been reupholstered 2010.
– Interior finished in rich oiled teak.
– Salon is finished in beautiful oiled teak, has been freshly upholstered, and is very bright, surrounded by ports and a massive opening hatch.
– Aft cabin can be accessed via an inside hallway or through the cockpit.
– Cockpit with hard dodger and hard bimini can be fully enclosed with snap on Eizenglass (plastic) panels. Seats are long enough to lay on and are covered with cockpit cushions.
– U-shaped galley is great for comfort and safety at sea
– Gimballed propane stove with oven
– New counter tops
– Stainless sink
– Hot and cold pressure water
Sails and Rigging:
– All new sails include Main, Mizzen, Roller furling genoa, spare 150% genoa.
– Heavy-duty keel stepped mast.
– Heavy-duty stainless standing rigging.
– Ratlines on lower shrouds for sending the crew up to spot coral reefs, pirates, etc.
– Heavy-duty winches.
Mechanical and Accessories:
– Electric windlass with 300′ of chain and 50lb plough anchor and stainless CQR anchor.
– Inlatable dinghy with 5hp outboard.
– New wiring including high-end Blue Sea Systems panel
– Hydraulic steering
– PVC Plumbing
– Steel cradle